clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

After Hitting the High Seas, Le Cirque Expands to India

New, 1 comment

Back in October, news broke that Le Cirque, Sirio Maccioni's Upper East Side fine dining bastion, inked a deal with a cruise line to provide mini Le Cirques on 15 cruise ships. Now the Post reports that the Maccioni, along with his three sons and business partners, will open a branch in India. Located on the 10th floor of the soon to open Leela Palace Hotel in New Delhi, the restaurant will serve "a mix of classic Italian with traces of Indian and French flavors." There's no update yet on earlier reports that the family is seeking an addition space in Manhattan.
Update: Some more details per Mauro Maccioni. He tells us the owners are regulars of Le Cirque and that the restaurant will probably open April 1st. "I would describe it as luxurious like a St. Regis. The focus of the menu will be 70% Italian with the other 30% representing Le Cirque classics like the Paupiette, foie gras ravioli, chocolate stove, etc. The luxury market is incredible and India is the new frontier."
· We Hear [NYP]
· Le Cirque Expands to the High Seas [~ENY~]

Le Cirque

151 East 58th Street, New York, NY 10022 Visit Website

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater New York newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world