1) Red Hook: A tipster sends in a picture of a large new building going up in front of the Fairway in Red Hook. It looks like a lot of money is going into the build out and neighborhood scuttlebutt hints that it will open as a crab shack. [PLYWOOD]
2) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie checks in on Orchard Street Top Hops. When it opens they'll offer beer from around the world with 20 draft lines and a selection of 500 bottles. [PLYWOOD]
3) Williamsburg: Beer shop and bar One Stop Beer Shop is scheduled to open next week on Kingsland Ave. in East Williamsburg, about a five to ten minute walk from the Graham Avenue L stop. They'll offer 100 beers, snacks, and beer cocktails.
4) Greenwich Village: Grub Street has some renderings of Tortaria, the new torta-centric restaurant opening in the old Buona Sera space at 94 University Place. It should open in mid-January with "eight kinds of the Mexican sandwich, plus taquitos, and 'small-batch tequila.'" [PLYWOOD]
5) East Village: Thrillist also takes a look at Piccola Positano, the new restaurant opening in the old Tonda/E.U. space. They write that the new spot will focus on Italian seafood dishes. It opens sometime in January. [POST-PLYWOOD]
6) Bowery: Urban Daddy gets a new shot inside Bowery Diner, the new spot from Motorino's Mathieu Palombino. It's slated to open in early January and will have all sorts of diner classics, blue plate specials, and new twists like raw oysters and clams. [POST-PLYWOOD]
7) Koreatown: Thrillist takes a look inside Dong Chun Hong, a new Chinese-Korean fusion restaurant with a banquet hall sized space on 5th Ave. between 31st and 32nd Street. They'll serve noodles and dumplings as well as more adventurous dishes like jellyfish and roast beef and beef-stuffed fried sea cucumber. It's scheduled to open on December 28. [POST-PLYWOOD]