Although the dining rooms of the city are filled with many happy couples, they are also inhabited by lovesick diners looking to catch the eye of that special someone. Sometimes, these people take to Craigslist to try and find that guy or girl who they saw from across the dining room, but weren’t able to muster the courage to say something to. Here now are a few restaurant missed connections — perhaps love is on the menu for these lonely people sometime soon.
10) THAI-MING IS EVERYTHING — Sripraphai - m4w: "You were busy working, but we kept making eye contact and you even smiled very kindly; but it wasn't. Until I was about to leave that I was sitting by the door helping my daughter that I caught you looking my way and we just kept looking at each other and that made me think if perhaps I should had approached you and given you my number. I remember your name is Salva(?), anyway if you remember or see this and you are interested tell me how I looked and how many people I was with so I'll know it's you."
9) DUTCH TREAT — Brunch at The Dutch - m4w - 34: "Saturday. You were wearing a red checkered shirt and sitting with an older couple, maybe your parents. I saw you when I was walking towards my table and we locked eyes for a moment. I couldn't help looking over at your table frequently because of how pretty you looked but also because you looked very familiar. Anyway, we left around the same time but I missed my shot for saying hello. If you happen to see this and noticed me as well, write back. Tell me about my group and how I was dressed."
8) HEARTACHE NEAR HAROLD SQUARE — Keens Chophouse - m4w - 39: "Friday 12-16. I was sitting on the couch and you were standing with a red folder in your hand with 3 older gents. We made eye contact many times. You were wearing leopard skin shoes,,,hot! I was undressing you with my eyes. Would have loved to hook up with you that night, stay in the city, get a room and have some wild fun with you! I know the chances of you seeing this are slim to none, but if you do. Tell me something about me. What color shirt was I wearing? What color were my eyes? BTW,,,,that skirt fit you so perfectly,,,I couldn't even concentrate on my meal or my lunch meeting, I kep looking over my shoulder hoping you were going to signal me to come outside and chat a little,,,,,,or maybe engage in some lip lock., Dam you are hot! Hope to hear from you' =0)"
7) CO-OP FOOD & LOVE? Co-Op Sat Nite - w4m: "OK, this is crazy but... You: Dark hair, glasses, first said your name was Barbara (Hilarious). Your name really starts with a J. — won't write it here. Upper West Side. Finance. Me: not Cathy (Your guess.). Blonde, Lovely stockings (as you told me). Your friends rushed you out. Asked my name again but I only laughed (twice actually). Your glance back at me as you left made me post this note."
6) A BIG DOSA LOVE — Saturday at the Jackson Diner - m4m - 30: "You kept staring at me and I couldn't figure out why... I thought maybe you were nearsighted and were just staring into the distance, but at times it seemed like you were looking at me. This happened at dinner... If you were looking at me, say hello please. Describe what was going at your table and at mine so I know it's you."
5) APPETIZING, FANTASIZING—Cute Girl at Russ & Daughters - m4w - 26: "I was at Russ & Daughters this morning buying a bagel and we exchanged a few glances while waiting for our number to be called. You were with two friends (a guy and a girl). I was the guy wearing a grey puffy jacket and a black t-shirt. Wish I had said hello and got your number."
4) CREPE EXPECTATIONS —Le Gamin Girl? - m4w - 29: "A bit random and perhaps not great odds, but worth a try: brunch last Sunday, perhaps around noon. I came in to a crowded Le Gamin and made eye contact with you — long brown hair, dark eyes — as I was told it would be a 25 minute wait for a table. We shared a small smile. You were sitting alone, then, facing towards the door and the street. But I doubt that you were ultimately alone. Alas, my friend and I didn't wait. It's too bad. What I really wanted to do is come sit down next to you."
3) LITTLE ITALY, BIG HEARTBREAK— Mulberry Project Last night - m4w: "Sandy! You were sitting at the table next to us... We were a group of two guys and two girls, you were the cute Asian girl in a group of 3 girls and a guy working for a media sales company. We talked by the bathroom for a sec, but aside from names and job descriptions, no dice..."
2) BOWLING FOR.......LOVE?— Zach from Brooklyn Bowl Tonight - w4m - 28: "What was that?!? I want it again. You were looking for your friend, Kelsey. I was on my way out. Email me. Identify yourself by telling me what happened. Alana"
1) A TRYST IN THE TERMINAL—Sarah at Deep Blue Restaurant on 12/9 - m4w: "We talked for a few minutes while you were getting carry out food for your flight. Kicking myself for not chatting with you some more. If you see this, tell me the instrument you play and where you were going that night."