1) Upper West Side: Flo Fab reports that a new branch of Pecan cafe has opened on Amsterdam Ave at 79th Street. The menu includes sandwiches, soups, salads, coffee, and breakfast items, with a number of vegetarian options. They hope to introduce beer and wine soon. Status: Certified Open; 387 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 580-1719.
2) Astoria: Zagat learns that a new artisanal butcher shop called Butcher Bar is now open on 30th Avenue in Astoria. They sell cuts of meats to go, plus counter service-style barbecue dishes, sandwiches, and sides. Status: Certified Open; 37-08 30th Avenue, (718) 606-8140.
3) West Village: Zagat also notices a few West Village newcomers. First, the ever expanding Think Coffee empire has finally opened its 8th Avenue store, right across from a brand new Starbucks. Also, a new French and Latin-inspired small plates restaurant called Barrio 47 is now open in the old Pasita space. Status: Both Certified Open; Think is located at 73 8th Avenue; Barrio 47 is at 47 8th Ave.
4) Greenwich Village: Canadian tea pusher David's Tea just opened up shop on Bleecker Street. They sell all manner of tea and its necessary accoutrements. Status: Certified Open; 275 Bleecker Street, 212-414-8599.
5) Williamsburg: Here's Brooklyn reports that the new location of Vanessa's Dumplings is now open at 310 Bedford Avenue. The menu includes the same noodles, sesame pancakes, soups, and dumplings that are served at the other locations, all priced to move. Status: Certified Open; 310 Bedford Avenue, 718-218-8806.