1) Williamsburg: Basik a new Williamsburg bar off the Graham stop, opened last Tuesday. Chef Ryan Jordan, formerly of the Breslin and the John Dory, came in to advise on the small seasonal menu, and the project is run by partners Jay Zimmerman and Derrek Vernon. Status: Certified Open; 323 Graham Ave.
2) Fort Greene: Zagat reports that the new Fort Greene branch of Williamsburg favorite Walter Foods is now open on DeKalb. They write that the restaurant has a lighter feel and that the food is "also a bit more airy." Instead of pork chops or porterhouses they offer lobster salad, a few fish dishes, and a roast chicken. Status: Certified Open; 166 DeKalb Ave.
3) Carroll Gardens: Last week Zagat noticed that Buschenschank, a new restaurant from the South Brooklyn Pizza crew, is open in Carroll Gardens. They offer a working fireplace, 35 German and Italian beers on draft, and a menu of German and Italian specialties like dumplings, pizzas, cured meats, and cheeses. Status: Soft Open; 320 Court Street; 718-237-1325.
4) Park Slope: Swedish coffee house Konditori just opened their second slightly larger branch in Park Slope and their third outpost overall. The exposed brick wall and dimly lit space provides a low key atmosphere that is conducive to sitting at one of the tables and enjoying a coffee. They are also offering a large assortment of fresh baked goods and breakfast foods. Status: Certified Open; 240 Seventh Avenue Brooklyn, NY.
5) Cobble Hill: Lost City notes that Sadie's Kitchen just opened in what has been an unfortunate restaurant space. He writes, "It's an intentionally cozy place, resembling an idealized version of a 1940s kitchen. The culinary focus is mac and cheese, including varieties that feature bacon, crayfish and smoked duck." They also have sandwiches, biscuits, pies, and more. Status: Certified Open; 243 Degraw Street, Brooklyn, 718-576-3338.
6) Midtown: Midtown Lunch notices that Pitopia, a new hummus and falafel bar is now open on Broadway. Status: Certified Open; 1369 Broadway. 212-792-6765.
7) Park Slope: Sai Thai Kitchen has opened in Park Slope in the former location of falafel spot Fatoosh. Spicy food lovers take note, they say they will be true to Thai tradition and not its Americanized counterpart. Status: Certified Open; 437 Fifth Avenue Brooklyn NY 718-499-3262.
[Buschenschank photo via Zagat]