Red Rooster's Marcus Samuelsson swung by the Eater Lounge at the Dream Downtown after he finished up an event for the festival. He gave the Wonder Wheel a mighty spin (with help from a new friend), and landed on 10 Questions. Here are his answers:
· What is your favorite word? Fan. It's a curse word. I curse in Swedish.
· What is your least favorite word? I'm an immigrant, so I can't spell a lot of words. So, some complicated word I can't spell.
· What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Uptown Harlem, the people. You have the artists, you have so much you can do, you see the people walking down the street, and you draw a lot of inspiration from them.
· What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? I consider myself very lucky. I work very hard, and I love that I work with the craft that I do. So, everything I do goes towards that, but within that I've got to do things that you don't always want to do. I don't have one thing, but it's all a larger part of the conversation.
· What sound or noise do you love? A sizzling pan, when you put a good piece of fish on it.
· What sound or noise do you hate? I hate when I have to turn off a really good jam, like a David Bowie or a Bob Marley song. I love to listen to music.
· What is your favorite curse word? Fan, in Swedish. But, I curse in French, I've been cursed at in French so many times.
· What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I'd probably be a baker, so it would be in food anyway. I've only worked in one field. I love it. It's so cool because it's a combination of creativity and craftsmanship.
· What profession would you not like to do? I've never even considered it. I love the fact that I'm in food. I'm not a tech savvy person, so I wouldn't be able to fix your computer.
· If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Skol!
· All Coverage of the Eater Lounge [~ENY~]