1) Williamsburg: A new Midwestern-themed bar called Burnside Brooklyn will make its debut tomorrow on the corner of Grand Street and Union Avenue in Williamsburg. To celebrate the opening, they'll be serving complimentary fried cheese curds on Friday and Saturday and will start selling Juicy Lucy burgers on Saturday. Later they'll add Sheboygan Brats and BLTs made with Nueske's bacon and a portobello burger. Beers are mostly from the Midwest and cocktails "are a nod to prohibition era but updated to suit a modern palate." Check out their construction photos here. Status: Opening tomorrow; 506 Grand St., Brooklyn.
2) Midtown: The newest location of East Village restaurant The Smith will open to the public this Saturday. The restaurant will feature a raw bar, an L-shaped zinc bar, and a bar area that seats 45 with a main dining room fitting a whopping 150. The menus will be similar to the original. Status: Opening Saturday; 956 Second Avenue (at 51st Street).
3) Upper East Side: The New York Times reports that Plenty Bakery has just opened on the Upper East Side. Classic baked goods like cookies, rugelach, crumb cake, cheese cake and red velvet cake are baked lovingly by the owner, Jessica Weiss. Plenty also offers sandwiches and salads and will soon expand their baked items to include more layer cakes. Status: Certified Open; 1457 Third Ave. (82nd Street), 212-628-2110.
4) Lower East Side: From alums of Pianos, Mikey’s Burger, and Motor City Bar, comes new bar/restaurant, No Fun, lends homage to Iggy Pop. This rock-n-roll inspired bar will also double as a tapas restaurant for hungry patrons. Status: Certified Open; 161 Ludlow Street, 212-477-1616.
5) Tribeca: A spinoff of neighboring Walker’s, Girello translates from Italian to “walker”. Offering a modest menu, Girello primary focus is pizza with a wide variety of toppings. Status: Certified Open; 16 North Moore Street (near Varick), 212-941-0109.
6) La Guardia Airport: OTG, has just opened two new locations at Delta's Terminal D: Bar Brace, a panini place from 'ino's Jason Denton, and Crust, a pizza place from Co's Jim Lahey. Status: Certified Open; Terminal D (La Guardia Airport).