1) Nolita: A Chowhounder reports that Elizabeth, the two and a half year-old Elizabeth Street restaurant (once helmed by Doug Psaltis) has closed. It makes sense given Pub One was after their liquor license on a recent Community Board 2 agenda (since withdrawn). The phone goes unanswered, the mailbox is full, and they are suddenly unavailable on OpenTable. [CH]
2) East Village: A walkby of East Village restaurant Tonda (in the old E.U. space) on Wednesday revealed a dark restaurant with covered windows. EV Grieve notices that it's been like this for quite a few days. Tonda is on the market, but keep in mind, when Zagat thought they were closed in December, workers said they were just having phone issues. Suspect. [Shutterwire; EVG]
3) Upper West Side: Zagat reports that The City Grill on Columbus between 72nd and 73rd streets has closed. It will reopen as Columbus Tavern, but a tipster says that most of the staff, "including the popular bar manager", will not be back. [Zagat]
4) Park Slope: Park Slope Patch reports that Willie's Dawgs is closing after four years. [PSP]
5) Greenwich Village: Zagat notices that Le Figaro Cafe on Bleecker Street is all papered up.
6) Greenpoint: Greenpointers reports that Cafe Royal is donski. [Greenpointers]