1) Chelsea: The signage just went up for Donatella the new pizza restaurant from Donatella Arpaia opening up later this month.
2) Hell's Kitchen: We hear that Mediterranean-influenced healthy sandwich shop City Sandwich is opening on 649 Ninth Avenue at 45th Street later this month. The owner, Michael Guerrieri was born in Naples, grew up on Long Island, went to Lisbon in his late 20s and fell in love with the place, and created a mini restaurant empire there by opening Mezzaluna, Brusketta, and City Sandwich. Now he's bringing it Stateside. Sandwiches are based on meat, eggs, or vegetables and use olive oil and yogurt dressings. [PLYWOOD]
3) Midtown: Geoffrey Zakarian's reps let us in for a sneak peek at his new bistro inside the Benjamin Hotel, The National. The space is designed by David Rockwells and is scheduled to open in October. See the photos above and stay tuned for more info as the space gets closer to completion. [PLYWOOD]
4) Upper West Side An Upper West Side tipster notices that a location of Insomnia Cookies, the tiny bakery that got its start on 8th Street by catering to NYU kids and delivering to the dorms, is opening up on Amsterdam between 79th and 80th. [PLYWOOD]
4) Hell's Kitchen: Life with Food and Drink reports that Farmer's Rotisserie Chicken is coming soon to 9th Avenue between 46th and 47th Streets. [PLYWOOD]
5) Williamsburg: The Brooklyn Paper reports that "Frank Cisneros of Dram on S. Fourth Street will soon open the nautical-themed bar The Drink on Manhattan Avenue between Grand and Maujer streets. The bar should open later this month, dishing up “exotic punches” and a host of salty snacks." [PLYWOOD]
6) Park Slope:Here's Park Slope brings word that a beer bar is coming soon to 6th Avenue and St. Mark's. [PLYWOOD]
7) West Village: On a West Village stroll, Eater intern Zachary Feldman found a number of storefronts for rent, including Toon's Thai, La Foccacia, a vacant spot on 12th and Greenwich, the old Day-O space, and Miracle Grill. Meanwhile MeMe Mediterranean and Cafe Minerva look close to opening. [PLYWOOD]