Earlier today we learned of the thirteen new restaurants slated to open next year in the new Delta terminal at LaGuardia, many of them with big names attached. Here now is a look at some of the early design plans for a few of the projects, including Bisoux Market, the take away component of Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson's French brasserie, Minnow, the seafood restaurant with a menu by Andrew Carmellini, Bar Brace, the casual Italian project from Jason Denton, as well as a peek at the dining area for the Dom DeMarco Pizzeria and burger stand. Full descriptions of each restaurant (with the exception of Michael White's Cotto), ahead.
From the official press release:
Full Serve Restaurants/Bars/Cafe:· All-Star Roster of Chefs Signed on at LaGuardia Food Court [~ENY~]
· Bisoux™: A bistro inspired by Provençal cuisine, the menu has been created by Chefs Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson – the dynamic duo behind New York classics Balthazar, Pastis, Schiller’s and Minetta Tavern – and features the flavors and textures of simple French country cooking. The restaurant will offer classic dishes such as French onion soup, croque monsieur, tuna niçoise and crispy duck confit. The Bisoux Market will offer the entire menu to-go in addition to traditional French gourmet offerings and selections from Cibo Express Gourmet Markets.
· World Bean™: OTG has created an authentic coffee experience with World Bean, offering unique seasonal blends from select micro-roasters that feature only fair trade beans grown in season. Customers may choose from an expansive menu of coffee and espresso beverages, as well as a wide assortment of loose leaf teas that are steeped to perfection.
· Prime Tavern: Renowned chef Michael Lomonaco, of the famous Porterhouse
restaurant, developed the menu for this modern American steakhouse. Prime Tavern
is an updated version of the classic restaurant with a menu that features steaks, chops, burgers, fresh salads and fish.
· Crust: Featuring thin-crust, Neapolitan-style pizzas with artisanal toppings, the individually sized pies at Crust are baked at nearly 700 degrees for the perfect crunch. Crust's menu was developed by New York baker Jim Lahey (Co. and Sullivan St. Bakery), whose bread is famous throughout the city. Diners may choose from a list of composed pies or build their own, as well as a selection of antipasti and salads. Crust will also have a full selection of wines, beers and cocktails as well as breakfast options for morning travelers.
·wibar™: wibar is the ultimate wine bar with 101 premium wines by the glass. Customers may also enjoy tasting pours, flights, and full-bottles. The wine list, curated by New York restaurateur and wine aficionado Chris Cannon, wine visionary behind Alto, Convivio, and Marea, features a wide range of wines from all over the globe. The beer list, carefully selected by Garrett Oliver, brewmaster of the Brooklyn Brewery and author of The Brewmaster's Table, features local favorites and hand-picked beers from around the world. A menu of small bites, cheese and meats complements the seasonal varietal wine offerings, along with a full selection of beer, spirits, and illy coffee and espresso beverages. To enhance the experience, each bar seat has a touch screen where customers may learn more about the wine offerings and pairings and even place their order.
· Minnow: Minnow is a seafood and raw bar that will serve the best selections of fresh fish and shellfish. The menu, developed by Andrew Carmellini – from the renowned Locanda Verde and author of Urban Italian -- is complemented by an expansive wine and craft beer list. From raw options to chowders, salads and sandwiches, the menu celebrates the flavors and versatility of fresh fish and shellfish.
· Bar Brace™: Bar Brace is Italian road food at its best, featuring homemade panini and bruschetta with bold flavors from both classic Italian ingredients and more inventive combinations. Jason Denton, New York restaurateur (Lupa and Inoteca) and author of Simple Italian Sandwiches, composed the menu based on his extensive travels through Italy.
Cibo Express Gourmet Food Hall:
A gourmet food hall will enable travelers to mix and match menu items from four quick-serve eateries, self-serve hot and cold food bars, a soup station, sundae station, bakery, gourmet market and other delicious options, to create the perfect meal:
· Tagliare™: Classic New York-style pizza composed by Dominick DeMarco is served piping hot at Tagliare. The DeMarco family – who have been operating arguably one of the best pizza joints in New York for generations, DiFara Pizza in Brooklyn – are now bringing their famous recipes to the Delta Terminal at LaGuardia.
·Pat LaFrieda Burger: OTG is working with Pat LaFrieda -- one of the top meat purveyors in New York -- to create a burger blend specifically for this quick serve eatery. Burgers, featuring unique and classic burger combinations, are grilled to order and served with all the fixings. Customers may also order house-made milkshakes as a perfect complement to a Pat LaFrieda burger. [Ed: this is from the press release, but the folks at LaFrieda say it will not have their name on it.]
· Shiso: Shiso is an Asian noodle and sandwich shop serving authentic cuisine from Vietnam, Japan and China created by Chef Jamison Blankenship (Morimoto). The quick-serve menu includes báhn mì, a popular type of Vietnamese sandwich, as well as noodles, soups and dim sum.
· Harry’s Deli™: Harry’s Deli is a true New York style Jewish deli serving traditional favorites such as Nova lox, matzo ball soup and knishes. Using the freshest meats and cheeses, sandwiches are made to order on a choice of breads and rolls, with ingredients and other offerings sourced from some of New York’s best local purveyors, including Russ & Daughters, Yonah Schimmel’s Knish Bakery and Eli Zabar.
· Cibo Express Gourmet Markets™: OTG has created the first genuine airport gourmet market, offering over 1,000 different products and beverages, all pre-packaged and on-board ready. The Markets offers something for everyone, including organics, vegan, Kosher, all-natural, no-sugar, gluten-free, heart healthy and other distinctive products. Cibo is a popular OTG brand with 34 outlets at airports throughout the country.
· Imbibe: Customers will find the perfect beverage (from infused cocktails to wines and beers) to complement their meal.
Country Pate, Orleans mustard, hard boiled egg, cornichons 15
Avocado Vinaigrette 10
French Onion Soupe Gratinee 14
Warm Goat Cheese and Fennel Tart, dressed tomatoes 12
Soup du jour 10
Bisoux, butterhead lettuce, crudités, avocado, mustard vinaigrette, 11
Tuna Nicoise, confit tuna, haricots verts, fennel, tomato, olives, 18
Roasted Beet, watercress, endives, pear, walnuts, blue cheese, 11
Classic Cesar, romaine, parmesan, garlic croutons, anchovy, 13
Poached Chicken and Ratatouille, basil, endive, mache, roasted beets, Roquefort, walnuts, 18
Bisoux Burger, cheese, fries, 16
Croque Monsieur ou Madame, 14
Steak Sandwich, gruyere, onions, 18
Avocado Lettuce and Tomato, 15
Fried Chicken Cutlet, tomato, bacon, mayonnaise, 15
Rotisserie Chicken with potato puree, kale and roasted garlic jus, 25
Crispy Duck Confit with roasted potatoes cipolini onions and mushrooms, 25
Lobster “Court Bouillon” with boiled bliss potatoes and chives, market price
Macaroni Gratin with bacon lardons, 15
Artisanal Cheeses with truffled honey and cranbery walnut bread, 17
Lemon Curd Tart, 8
Crème Brulee, 8
Strawberry Shortcake with chantilly cream, 8
Bakers Basket, croissant, cinnamon sticky-bun, chocolate brioche, homemade doughnuts, 9
with butter and jam
Brioche French Toast, fancy Vermont maple syrup, apple smoked bacon, 16
Blueberry Pancakes, whipped ricotta, 15
Warm Goat Cheese and Fennel Tart, dressed tomatoes, 13
Toasted Everything Bagel, cream cheese, Nova lox, red onion, capers, 16
Florida Ruby Red Grapefruit, mint, 7
Seasonal Fruit Cup, organic yogurt, homemade granola, clover honey, 5
Steak and French Fries, 9
Macaroni and Cheese, 8
Buttered Spaghetti with Cheese, 8
Grilled Cheese, 8
Caesar Salad, 5
Pat LaFrieda Burger
Our burgers are a special all-beef blend made especially for OTG by Pat LaFrieda, 6 oz. and served on a toasted and buttered potato bun
Build Your Own: Single $5.95 Double $9.50 Triple Burger $12.95
Fried onions and mushrooms $1.50
Italian fried peppers $1.50
Pork roll $1.50
Fried egg $1.50
Spicy garlic aioli
Classic Burger Combinations $8.75
Americana: single 6 oz. burger, American cheese, ketchup
Fat Cat: double 6 oz. burger, pork roll, bacon, egg, French fries, onion rings
Southern Style: single 6 oz. burger, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, fried pickels
Good Fellas: double 6 oz. burger, fried Italian peppers, smoked mozzarella, mushrooms, onions
Bovine and Swine: single 6 oz. burger, blue cheese and bacon
M&O: single 6 oz. burger, mushrooms, onions, Swiss cheese
Gordito: triple 6 oz. burger, American cheese, pickles, onions, lettuce, Russian dressing, bacon
French fries $4.00
Fried pickles $4.50
Onion rings $4.50
Pizza by the Slice:
Pepperoni, garlic, black olive, 6
Broccoli rabe and sausage, 7
Baby artichokes, 7
Prosciutto, broccoli rabe, 7
Sun-dried tomato, black olives, mushrooms, 7
Wild mushrooms, 7
Baby artichokes, sausage, mushrooms, 7
Red onions, mushrooms, peppers, sausage, 6
Pepperoni, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, 7
Pie Plain, 25
Pie Square, 30
Breakfast Calzone, 6
Breakfast Pizza, 6