1) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie reports that Bun & Co., in the space formerly occupied Kampuchea, is now open. They're serving sandwiches made with bread from Parisi Bakery and Il Laboratorio del Gelato provides the frozen treats. Status: Certified open; 78 Rivington St., 212-253-8441.
2) East Village: EV Grieve has a look at V-Nam Cafe, a Vietnamese shop serving sandwiches, noodles, and rice in the former Pinisi Bakery location. Status: Looks open but no answer at the restaurant; 20 First Ave., 212-780-6020.
3) East Village: The Pink Pig has an early report on Korzo Haus, a new restaurant from the same folks at Korzo in Brooklyn. The menu here is shorter than that of the original's but they're still serving their signature burger, the Korzo Burger, a beef patty, apple smoked organic bacon, Emmentaller cheese, house made mustard, dill pickle– all wrapped in Langoš dough and then deep fried. Status: Certified open; 178 E 7th St.
4) Greenpoint: Brooklyn Paper has the details on Gypsy, a no-frills bar now open in Greenpoint. Says owner Steve Duffy, "it's a real drinkers bar." It's currently a soft open so the full menu isn't available as of yet but what food they serve now as well as all well drinks are half-off during happy hour until 8 pm. Status: Certified open; 159 Greenpoint Ave, Greenpoint, 917-254-1960.
5) Red Hook: Fork in the Road has photographic evidence that the new seating annex for Red Hook Lobster Pound is now open. The expanded space is made up of five picnic tables and provides an additional 40 seats. Status: Newly expanded; 284 Van Brunt St, Red Hook, 646-326-7650.