1) Long Island City: Run by Quebecois chef Hugue Dufour and his wife Sarah Obraitis, the unique M. Wells Diner has opened on 49th Avenue in LIC. So far they're only open from 7 AM -noon, but dinner hours are coming soon. Status: Certified Open; 21-17 49th Ave., 718-425-6917.
2) Chelsea: Per the release, David Burke alum Philip Deffina is manning the stoves at Highpoint Bistro, an American eatery run by Indian resto vets that claims to source all of its ingredients from Hudson Valley farmers. Status: Certified Open; 216 7th Ave., 646-410-0120.
3) Fort Greene: Brownstoner reports that Dino, the restaurant that took over the old Loulou space on DeKalb had a soft opening last week. That soft open is now hard. Status: Certified Open; 222 DeKalb Ave, 718-222-1999.
4) Midtown East: Midtown Lunch brings word that the self-described "Starbucks of pasta", Hello Pasta, opens tomorrow. They're teaming up with 8coupons.com on a lunch deal for Thursday, July 8th, that gets you any pasta with sauce for $.88. Status: Opens tomorrow, July 7th; 649 Lexington Ave..
5) Carroll Gadens: Brownstoner posts that pizza and pasta spot Il Cantuccio is now open on the corner of Smith and 9th Sts. Status: Certified Open; 478 Smith St, 718-855-2828.