Welcome back to the weekly Friday Shutter. Know of any other restaurant that has met its demise? Let us know.
1) Lower East Side: The Essex Ale House has closed for good. [BB]
2) Upper West Side: A tipster writes in with the news that The Shark Bar, a 15-year-old southern spot on Amsterdam Ave., closed sometime earlier this week. A call to the restaurant went to a disconnected dial tone. [EaterWire]
3) Midtown: Midtown Lunch reports, "DC Fusion Cafe, the bourbon chicken spot that moved from the Manhattan Mall to 7th Ave. btw. 36+37th when JC Penny shut down the food court, appears to be closed." [ML]
3) Midtown: Monday was the final night of service for 46 year-old O'Neals, and the West Side Independent was on the scene, noting that "Longtime fans crowded the bar and the restaurant, watching the game and discussing old times. A new location of Stephen Hanson's Atlantic Grill will open in its place later this summer. [WSI]
5) Midtown West: EV Grieve learns that Deno's Party House, the troubled bikini bar near MSG, has closed for good. [EV Grieve]
[photo: EV Grieve]