1) Flatiron: Mobile sweet peddlers CupcakeStop open their first brick-and-mortar shop tomorrow as part of the shiny new Limelight Marketplace. PR reps also make mention of a second truck, set to debut at the South Street Seaport later this month. Status: Opening tomorrow, May 7th; 656 Avenue of the Americas, 212-226-7585
2) Brooklyn Heights: Grub Street runs a short preview of Sardinian restaurant River Deli, which opened Tuesday at the corner of Columbia Place and Joralemon Street. Status: Certified Open; 32 Joralemon St, 718-254-9200.
3) East Village: Raw-foodists and wellness fans rejoice, Fork In The Road grabs a shot of some signage at The Juice Press announcing a May 6 opening, and it looks like they're slated to start offering juice cleanses, weight control programs and raw food cooking classes in the near future. Status: Certified Open; 70 1st St, 212-777-0034.
4) Park Slope: Grub Street reports that bar and eventual performance venue The Rock Shop opens today, bringing nightly $3 drink specials and its predecessor's (Cattyshack) roof deck. Status: An employee at the bar said that tonight is a private party, with the official opening happening June 4th; 249 Fourth Ave, 718-230-5740.
5) East Village: EV Grieve brings word that another sports bar, The HorseBox, is open. Their Facebook page confirms, stating "$1 drinks for ladys [sic] on Wednesdays". Status: Certified Open; 218 Avenue A, no phone yet.
6) Soho: The neon signage for Fiat Cafe is a-blarin' according to the photo evidence provided by NYC The Blog, who relays that there's a "light menu of sandwiches and beverages". Status: Certified Open; 203 Mott St.
7) West Village: Zpizza, the Southern California-based chain specializing in organic and "healthy" pies, opened its first New York outpost on Monday. Status: Certified Open; 298 Bleecker St, 212-206-7433.