Welcome back to the Friday Shutter. Know of any other restaurant that has met its demise? Let us know.
1) East Village: EV Grieve notices that Avenue A Sushi—a mainstay in the neighborhood for over 20 years—and Mini Thai are both closed. Rumor has it that the two adjacent storefronts will be combined into one restaurant. [EVG]
2) Lower East Side: The Lo Down reports that small plates restaurant Savor NY closed last Saturday. It shared an address with Cube 63, which is still open. [TLD]
3) Midtown: Midtown Lunch learns that the Subway on 3rd Ave. and 45th has closed. [ML]
4) Chelsea: From the tipline: "Pita Grill on 8th Avenue and 15th Street is gone and some other healthy grill restaurant is replacing it. Surprised, because that Pita Grill always seemed kinda hoppin." [ShutterWire]
6) Chelsea: Another one from the tipline: "Was in a taxi on 7th ave and saw that Singe Vert on 7th ave. at 20th St. was shuttered. There appeared to be a sign with an NYC in the window too." They're offline on OpenTable. [ShutterWire]