1) Harlem: Harlem Condo Life and Grub Street report that Ryan Skeen's upcoming restaurant 5 & Diamond is opening tonight or tomorrow. Status: Unknown, no answers to calls; 2072 Frederick Douglass Blvd., 646-684-4662.
2) East Village: The Lan space on 3rd Avenue between 10th and 11th Streets reopened yesterday as a bar. Signage on the outside hasn't change but the theme inside is drastically different than the spare Japanese concept of its predecessor. They serve bar food like chicken wings, burgers, and paninis, and have TVs set up at the bar. Status: Certified Open; 56 3rd Ave.
3) Chelsea: A new bar from the owners of Turks & Frogs, called Drunken Horse, opened on 10th Ave. this week. The drink of choice here is wine (mostly European) while the menu skews Mediterranean and Italian. Status: No one answering at the restaurant, but signs point to open; 225 Tenth Ave., 212-604-0505.
4) Union Square: EV Grieve reports that the new Chipotle by Union Square opens today. Status: Certified Open, 14th & Irving Place, 212-253-7860
5) Midtown: A press release announces the opening today of 57 Napoli Pizza e Vino, a new Neapolitan pizza shop from Salvatore Olivella, of No 28, L’Asso and Pie by the Pound: "Terrific Neapolitan pizza from a wood burning brick oven plus a few salads, antipasti, piedine, pastas, etc. 5 white wines, 5 red, beer – good and inexpensive. The pizzas will be sold as 12” rounds or 18” skate-board shaped (metro)." Status: Certified Open; 120 E. 57th St., upstairs from C’est Bon Café, 212-750-4586.
Soho: A little sandwich shop called Project Sandwich opened over a month ago, but the owners are now trying to get the word out. Sandwichs cost about $8 and have international themes like Mexican (smoked fish salad), Brazilian (Grilled steak), and New Zealand (nutella and banana). See full menu here. Status: Certified Open; 105 Thompson St., 212-625-2388.
East Village: EV Grieve reports that Caffe Peppe Rosso on Avenue C and 8th Street is now Cotto Cafe. Status: Certified Open; 127 avenue C, 212-529-7747
Grammuray: Flo Fab reports that Bhojan a vegetarian restaurant on Lexington that serves "small plates and street-cart snacks like lentil dumplings, potato cakes and stuffed breads, as well as multicourse thalis" opened this week. Status: Certified Open; 102 Lexington Ave., 212-213-9615.