1) Chelsea: Grubstreet brings word of Luzzo's westward expansion from the beloved East Village spot to Chelsea this week. Ovest Pizzoteca has been open since New Years, but as of today it will flame your pies in a wood-gas oven Status: Certified Open, first pizza coming out today; 513 W. 27th St., 212-967-4392.
2) Flatiron: Madparknews reports that Chicago's Argo Tea opened this past Friday in the historical Flatiron building. Get your variety of loose leaf red, black, green, white teas or go for a signature drink like the Red Velvet with red tea, raspberry and white chocolate. Status: Open since Friday; 949 Broadway, 646-755-7262.
3) East Village: A new gluten-free bakery, Tully's, opens today offering cupcakes, muffins, cookies, drinks and daily rotations of exotic cupcake flavors. Today they're serving Cinnamon Spice Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing and Vegan Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Icing. Status: Open today; 338 East 11th St..
4) Clinton Hill: The Unemployment Cafe brings word that Nero Doro Cafe on the corner of Classon and Greene is open and serving artisan coffee/beverages, pastries, and sandwiches. Status: Certified Open; 395 Classon Ave., Brooklyn, NY 718-484-8822.
5) East Village: EV Grieve gives word that V-Bar St. Mark's opened a location over the weekend on St. Mark's. Currently serving drinks. Food coming soon. Status: Open since Friday; 132 1st Ave..