1) Williamsburg: Occupying the former Noodle Studio's two-floor space, Mode Bistro is chef Jenni Brooks' first New York venture. The menu will feature fresh produce purchased daily and features several American and French staples. The restaurant carries a variety of beer and wine, including several French beers and Chilean wines. Status: Certified open; 116 North 5th St.
2) Cobble Hill: The owner emails in to report that she and her boyfriend have just opened Palmyra, a new Mediterranean restaurant on Court Street in the old Olive and Vine space. Read about the menu and the "transcendent" chicken wings over on The Brooklyn Paper. Status: Certified Open; 316 Court St., 718-797-1110.
3) Murray Hill: PR announces that new Indian spot Tamba Indian Grill & Bar has opened on Lexington. Daljeet Malik, who ran Malika Palace near JFK and Malika, in Mitdown, is the executive chef. Status: Certified Open; 103 Lexington Ave. 212-481-9100.
4) Flatiron: From the tipline: "Just wandered into a new vegetarian sandwich & salad place on 23rd and 6th called Terri – looks like it must have opened in the last couple of days. Had a pretty good grilled veggie sandwich. A welcome change from my other 23rd street standbys: Energy Kitchen (disgusting) & Qdoba (not exactly healthy)." Status: Certified Open; 60 West 23rd St.
5) Upper East Side: Flor Fab reports that Tre Otto a new 40 seat restaurant on Madison and 97th opened yesterday: "The owners, Louis and Lauren Cangiano, ran the Italian food store Fratelli Cangiano on Houston Street in the 1980’s...Mr. Fraterrigo, who had been at 54 Mint in San Francisco, will feature housemade pastas on his menu." Status: Certified Open; 1408 Madison Ave., 212-860-8880.