Welcome back to the weekly Shutter. This week, it's an all East Village edition. Know of any other restaurant that has met its demise? Let us know.
1) East Village: In an email to patrons, owner Deborah Gavito announces that Counter, the East Village vegetarian restaurant on 1st Avenue, will close in February. She writes, "I have sold the restaurant. I have loved every Counter moment of the last eight-years, even the excruciatingly difficult ones. My daughter, Rafaella, was one-year old when Counter opened. She's having a much more difficult time letting go of the restaurant than I am. I forget that she was practically born in Counter. I will have much more time to spend with you, Rafaella." She said she is going to help her chef and GM open a new vegetarian restaurant in Brooklyn. [ShutterWire]
2) Greenwich Village: A reader reports that Bagel Buffet at 406 6th Avenue, near 9th Street, has closed. There's already a for rent sign up in the window. [ShutterWire]
3) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie reports that Pizza Junkie, the nine month-old pizza shop on Stanton Street, is closed. [BB]
4) East Village: EV Grieve brings word that La Bonne Bouffe, a bakery and take out spot on Avenue B, closed just a few months shy of its second birthday. EVG writes that La Bonne was the third cafe-bakery-small-plates place to open since January 2009 on Avenue B between Second Street and Seventh Street. [EVG]
5) FiDi: A reader writes in: "F.Y.I.: The outdoor stand Lucky Buns @ 1 Centre Street has been closed since last week. There are still "specials" signs posted in the window but no sign saying why they've been closed...not even a 'closed' sign." [ShutterWire]