1) Bedford-Stuyvesant: Grub Street has a first look at Bedford Hill, a charmingly furnished restaurant that's currently serving coffee and pastries but plans to eventually serve egg dishes and sandwiches. They're currently open from 7 AM to 5 PM but hope to have later hours soon as well as beer and wine. Status: Certified open; 343 Franklin Ave., Bedford-Stuyvesant, 718-636-7650.
2) Greenwich Village: The NY Times reports that Rouge et Blanc, a French-Vietnamese bistro formerly set to open as Cinq à Sept, will feature a menu that's both fusion and classic French. Status: Certified open; 48 MacDougal St., 212-260-5757.
3) Fort Greene: Also from the Times is a report on Berlyn, a new Germanic restaurant in the space formerly occupied by Germanic restaurant Thomas Beisl. Chef Steven Linares' menu includes corned beef with root vegetables and maultaschen, a ravioli in mushroom broth. Status: Certified open; 25 Lafayette Ave., Fort Greene, 718-222-5800.
4) Park Slope: Here's Park Slope reports that Crespella Crepe and Espresso Bar is in the midst of an incremental soft opening where they will slowly be rolling out their menu. At present, only sweet crepes are available but the savory kind will soon be as well. Also on the menu is Stumptown coffee, muffins, and pastries. Status: Certified soft open; 321 Seventh Ave., Park Slope.
5) West Village: The Times has details on Cailu, a new restaurant from former Boqueria chef de cuisine Franco Barrio. There's a traditional tapas menu and some more substantial food like paella. Oh and a reader already has an early report: "Walked by last night and saw that they were open, so decided to have a bite. They could have designed it a bit better. Food was ok until we got to the hanger steak. Everything was just thrown on the plate like staff meal was being served. The lamb bacon sandwich was good. Lamb bacon? Must have taken that idea from Boqueria, along with half of the rest of the menu." Ouch. Status: Certified open; 557 Hudson St., 212-206-6444.
Oh and EV Grieve notes that the new Papa John's on 1st Ave. if certified open.