1) Park Slope: Here's Park Slope reports that The King of Cupcakes is now open for business in the space formerly occupied by Firefly Children's Boutique. Cupcakes here are available in two sizes and in a variety of different flavors, some of which are of the creative kind like limoncello pizelle and struffoli. Status: Certified open; 240 Seventh Ave., Park Slope, 718-369-0466.
2) Carroll Gardens: Brownstoner is reporting that Dubuque, a burger joint serving beef, pork, lamb, and even cod & scallop burgers, all for $12 or less. Status: Certified open; 548 Court St., Carroll Gardens, 718-596-3248.
3) East Village: KikaEats has an early look at Mono + Mono, a self-described "place where Korean fried chicken is seasoned with classic jazz music." The menu is mostly Asian in origin though there is their take on the Mexican corn appetizer, elote. Status: Certified open; 116 E 4th St., 212-4660-6660.
4) Cobble Hill: Cobble Hill Blog brings word of Sosta, an Italian eatery whose pizza-focused menu includes regular pies as well as rotating specials. At present, only take out is available while delivery service should be starting soon. Status: Certified open; 145 Atlantic Ave., Cobble Hill, 718-855-6400.
5) Hell's Kitchen: Life with food and drink reports on Flavor, which she surmises is a martini bar based on the signage. Status: Appears open; 772 9th Ave.
6) Nolita: Rubirosa, the Manhattan sister to Staten Island's famed Joe & Pat's, is set to open to the public today. Grub Street hears that a Beatrice Inn doorman is involved, giving it immediate celeb cred. They serve pie and red sauce Italian staples. Status: Opening today; 235 Mulberry St., 212-965-0500.