1) Midtown: The Feed has details on Forty Four at Royalton, a hotel bar with a cocktail menu designed by a group known as “The Cocktail Collective”—an all-star lineup of bartenders including Richard Boccato of Dutch Kills in LIC. Plenty of cocktails on the menu but it's balanced out by a menu of bar snacks from the hotel's executive chef. Status: Certified open; 44 W 44th St., 212-869-4400.
2) Carroll Gardens: Brownstoner reports that Crave, formerly a restaurant before becoming a catering company, has reopened as a wine bar. As described by chef/proprietor Debbie Lyn-Morillo, the snack menu includes "house made Asian spiced beef jerky" and "dehydrated ancho chile cashews." Status: Certified open; 570 Henry St., Carroll Gardens, 718-643-361.
3) Williamsburg: From the tipline comes word of Samurai Mama, a newish udon place from the owner of Williamsburg sushi spot Bozu. They don't have a liquor license yet but if the sign in the window is any indication, it's coming eventually. Status: Certified open; 205 Grand St., 718-599-6161.
4) Midtown: Midtown Lunch brings word that a new Midtown Five Guys location is now open. Status: Certified open; 316 W 34th St., 212-564-6115.
5) Tribeca: Urban Daddy files on Toro, a bullfighting-themed lounge in the bowels of the Thompson Smyth Hotel where guests can count on matador capes lining the walls and house-infused cachaca lining their stomachs. Status: Certified Open; 85 West Broadway, 212-204-5557.
6) Chelsea: The new 'wichcraft at the Starrett-Lehigh Building officially opened with dinner service and a full bar earlier this week. Status: Certified Open; 601 West 26th St, 212-780-0577.
7) Greenpoint: The owners of Lunchbox Brooklyn, a new sandwich shop that also serves smoothies and Balthazar pastries, email in to report it's is open for business. Status: Certified Open; 120 Norman Ave, 718-383-7417.
8) Midtown West: FloFab reports on City Sandwich, a sandwich shop whose offerings reflect owner Michael Guerrieri's worldly experience. Status: Certified Open; 649 Ninth Ave, 646-684-3943.
9) Tribeca: Tribeca Citizen has a photo of the new outpost of BirdBath Bakery in action at Church and Thomas. Status: Certified Open; 200 Church St.
—Gary Wong & Zachary Feldman