1) Williamsburg: Grub Street reports that Cubana Social, "a slice of fifties Havana" from Public Assembly manager Christina Bouza, is scheduled to open this weekend. The food ranges from $3 to $9 while cocktails fall between $8 and $10. Also, they'll be serving coffee from Intelligentsia. It's strictly open nights for now - 6 pm to 1 or 2 am - but brunch will soon follow. Status: Opens this weekend; 70 N. 6th St., Williamsburg, 718-782-3334.
2) Upper West Side: Zagat Buzz has the latest on Jalapeño, the new Mexican restaurant from chef David Ruggerio that's adjacent to Bomboloni (also Ruggiero's). Originally supposed to open in August, it's now open and features a Mexican menu of burritos, tacos and enchiladas which can all be downed with tequila-based cocktails - yes, there is a cocktail that features the jalapeño. Status: Certified open; 185 Columbus Ave.; 212-877-7800.
3) Chelsea: The NY Times reports on Eolo: Sicilia a Tavola, Melissa Muller-Daka's new restaurant featuring food and wine from her native Sicily such as tummala del gattopardo (a round of pastry filled with pasta and meatballs) and tonnu e ricci (yellowfin with sea-urchin emulsion). Status: Certified open; 190 Seventh Avenue, 646-225-6606.
4) Midtown: Celsius, the restaurant alongside the Bryant Park skating rink opens for the season this weekend; they'll stay open until February 27th. Status: Opens Friday; Bryant Park (Sixth Avenue at 42nd Street), 212-661-6640.
5) Upper West Side: Buca Brick Oven Pizza, from the owner of the recently opened Bettolona, is now open for lunch and dinner. The small, 20-seat pizza joint, serves ten different pies, calzones, as well as oven-baked pastas. Status: Certified open; 201 West 103rd St., 212-531-8730.
6) Midtown East: Grub Street and Metromix Radicchio Pasta and Risotto, a new Italian restaurant from the owners of Brick Lane Curry House. This one's an outpost of a restaurant they own in New Jersey and features 8 risottos all under $20. Status: Certified Open; 235 East 53rd St, 212-956-3976
7) Midtown East: Per a tipster, Respite, a "tremendous new restaurant" whose "red beet napoleon with blue cheese croutons will change your life" - or maybe, just an ambitious tapas operation - is serving small plates and cocktails near Beekman Place. Status: Certified Open; 247 East 50th St, 212-775-2470
8) Midtown: Empire Steakhouse has opened in the old Anthos space. Status: Certified Open; 36 W. 52nd St., 212-582-6900.