To answer the vital and obvious question: no, the birdcage was not damaged.
Early this morning, tipsters reported the sad news that a major fire had broken out at popular Village spot Joseph Leonard. But that may not be the only disaster in the area. Signage on the door at kiddie favorite Sweetiepie reveals there was a fire in the kitchen here recently. A tipster reports that the above sign went up on Saturday but that "I was standing in front of the restaurant on Thursday at 5pm when workers were coming in for work and wondering why the place was closed." Today, when an operative went by to check out the scene, the restaurant was set up for a photoshoot.
· All Coverage of Sweetipie [~ENY~]