1) Lower East Side: The Village Voice has news of La Flaca opening in the former Two Boots Tavern space. The Mexican style restaurant is currently only open for dinner. But with a closing time of 4am, you should have plenty of opportunity to get your flauta fix. Status: Certified open; 384 Grand St., 646-692-9259.
2) Prospect Heights: Brownstoner brings word that Eton, a second branch of the popular Carroll Gardens dumpling place is now open on Vanderbilt in Prospect Heights. The good news is this location has extra seating in the back. Status: Certified open; 635 Vanderbilt Ave., Prospect Heights.
3) Midtown: In case you were interested, Junior's has another location in Grand Central Market. Midtown Lunch reports that the chain has taken over the former spot of Murray's Salami right next to Corrado Bread & Pastry. Status: Certified open; 43rd St. & Lexington, Grand Central Market, 212-692-9800.
4) Upper West Side: Per the release, Tolani Wine Restaurant opens tonight with a menu from consulting chef Craig Hopson (Le Cirque) and executive chef David Rotter (formerly of Campo). The menu spans the globe with dishes like gruyere cheese souffle and tiger prawns with peri peri sharing the spotlight. Status: Certified Open; 410 Amsterdam Ave, 212-873-6252 [ENY]
5) Williamsburg: Free Williamsburg has details on West Cafe, a boutique coffee shop serving coffee from The Brooklyn Roasting Company, pastries from Balthazar and Bagelsmith bagels. So local! Status: Certified Open; 379 Union Ave [Free Williamsburg]
6) Hell's Kitchen: ZagatBuzz brings word of miniscule whiskey bar On The Rocks, carrying a solid selection of brown spirits and bringing a touch of class to an area that could use some. Status: Certified Open; 696 10th Ave [ZagatBuzz]
7) Cobble Hill: Grub Street profiles Brueckelen, which just started serving lunch in the old Cafe on Clinton space. The chef is Andrew Karasz, previously of Eleven Madison Park and Django. Status: Certified Open; 268 Clinton St, 718-855-8110 [GS]