1) Greenwich Village: Time Out NY reports that Le Souk Harem, the sister restaurant to Avenue B's favorite villain, Le Souk, is opening this week. It has expanded into a "4,500-square-foot, tri-level package with outdoor tables, lounge seating and hookahs galore." Status: Not open. They'll open on the 8th; 510 La Guardia Place, 212-677-1120.
4) Midtown: Midtown Lunch sends word that the second branch of Katsuhama 55 has opened. After a few weeks of delay, midtown residents finally have another joint to get their Tonkatsu (deep fried pork) fix. Status: Certified open; 43-45 W. 55th, 212-541-7145.
5) Flushing: BushwickBK reports that Flushing Farms, Bushwick’s newest café and performance space. It features "many components, including a lawn, garden, patio, an indoor café, and even a little patch of sand called Flushing Beach." Status: Soft open last weekend, official opening TBA; 970 Flushing Ave., no phone number listed.
6) Midtown: Midtown Lunch writes that Schnitzel Express has opened. While it might be a bit pricey, "the saving grace might be the number of options. Their menu features 8 different kinds of schnitzel." Status: Certified open; 1410 Broadway, 212-997-7770.
7) Upper East Side: From the tipline: Visited El Porron on 1121 1st avenue. Not only was the food delicious but also saw Bethenny from Housewives of NY eating with her fiance! The place is beautiful too!" Status: Certified open, has been open for three weeks; 1123 First Avenue, 212-207-8349.