1) Lower East Side: The Robs and Thrillist, BlackBook, and The Feed bring word that Michael Huynh's aforementioned beer garden will open this week. Bia Garden's brew list will be "all Asian, with cans and bottles served in coolers by the six-pack, twelve-pack, or case, and billed by how much is consumed." The restaurant will also offer a menu of Vietnamese street food, with such goodies as "sambal-garlic frog" and "lotus rootlet salad with shrimp and pork." Status: Not open, though they could soft open "any day now." 154 Orchard St., 212-780-0010
2) Park Slope: Grub Street also shares the news that Bark Hot Dogs will be opening on Bergen Street. The restaurant will be serving up pork-and-beef wieners (from a "venerable Austrian sausage maker") basted in smoked lard butter, homemade pickles and sauerkraut, heirloom beans, and bacon from S. Wallace Edwards and Sons. Status: Unknown. No answer to calls. 474 Bergen St., 718-789-1939
3) Lower East Side: Grubz also notes that Frankies 17 is now calling their extra dining room/PDR a Manhattan location of Cafe Pedlar. The "daytime repurposing of the Frankie's Spuntino annex," will feature Stumptown coffee, sandwiches, pretzels, pastries, and a soon-to-be "egg program." Status: Certified Open. 17 Clinton Street, 212-253-2303
4) Midtown East: According to TONY, the second NYC shop of Turkish pastry and coffee chain Güllüoglu will be opening on 2nd Avenue and 52nd Street. Baklava, kadayif, salads, and other items will be featured alongside the coffee. Status: Unknown. 982 Second Avenue, No Phone Yet.
5) Carroll Gardens: Over on the Cobble Hill Blog we find that Wing Bar has opened in the former Panino'teca 275 space. It looks like the new owners have "kept everything as [it was], from the tables and chairs to the collage of pictures on the bar top." As for the menu, it's standard bar fare. Status: Certified Open. 275 Smith Street, (718) 237-2728
6) Carroll Gardens: The Feed posts the news that the second location of "shave" ice shop Eton is opening on Sackett Street. Eton Too will focus on nonalcoholic drinks, serving 18 kinds of bubble tea (such as Thai coconut and purple Oreo), as well their famous dumplings. Status: Certified Open. 359 Sackett St. 718-222-2289
7) Midtown East: PR announces the opening of Cello Wine Bar: "Say goodbye to pretentious Pinot and showy Syrah. Cello Wine Bar, Midtown East’s newest wine nook, offers a rustic retreat from wine snobbery with a no-nonsense wine list designed to entice adventurous imbibing." The bar will feature glasses of wine priced between 9$ and 15$, as well as small plates and desserts. Status: Certified Open. 229 East 53rd Street, 917-475-1131
— Gabe Ulla