1) FiDi: Flo Fab reports that eccentric chef and mad scientist Will Goldfarb is opening a barbecue trailer in Wall Street Park to complement his sandwich shop in Battery Park City: "Picnick, Smoked, will serve heritage pork shoulder, kobe brisket and Bobo Farms chicken, with sides, fresh baked goods and natural sodas." They're open 10 - 6 now but will open for breakfast after Labor Day. Status; Signs point to open; Wall Street Park, no phone.
2) Midtown Andrea Strong brings word that Forty Eight, a new restaurant in the McGraw Hill Building at Rockefeller Center, will open today. Billed as an "upscale retreat for a high-end happy hour or late night lounging session" they'll serve 48 bar snacks along with a full menu. Status: Certified Open; 1221 Avenue of the Americas, 212-554-484.
3) Soho: Grub Street reports that Ground Support, a new coffee shop selling Intelligentsia coffee, has opened on West Broadway near Spring St. If they get a beer and wine license, they'll open as a full cafe. Status: Certified Open; 399 West Broadway, 212-219-8722.
4) East Village: EV Grieve notes that Moroccan spot Panache Cafe is now open on Avenue B and 11th. Status: Certified Open; 182 Ave. B.
5) Roosevelt Island: TONY hears word that River Walk Bar and Grill, a casual eatery and sports bar on Roosevelt Island has opened. The "staunchly all-American menu" includes burgers, salads, and fried food. Status: Certified Open tonight for drinks, tomorrow for food; 425 Main St, 646-833-7050.
6) Midtown: TONY also learns that Financier Patisserie has opened their Midtown location, their fourth in the city. Status: They've been open for a week; 983 First Ave, 212-419-0100.