1) East Village: EVGrieve brings word that Iggy's has finally opened in the shuttered Five Rose's Pizza space. No verdict on the pizza yet. The report from a tipster--"I wasn't hungry." Status: Certified Open; 173 First Avenue, No phone number listed.
2) Flatiron: The Feed reports that the once members only Mari Vanna, a spinoff of a Moscow based restaurant, is opening soon. The restaurant will serve top shelf Russian vodkas, traditional Russian dishes such as hot borscht and the a design that "evokes the Russian home."Status: Currently in soft opening, official opening "sometime next week;" 41 E 20th St., 212-777-1955.
3) West Village: The Feed writes that the Chelsea based eatery Bongo is expanding to a second, larger location. The space features three rooms where customers can drink beer, wine and cocktails from nonsensically labeled drink sizes--"'mini' (regular) or 'regular' (jumbo)." Status: Certified open; 395 West St., 212-675-6555.
4) East Village: The Feed brings word that May Chan Ramen and Robatayaki has opened, making it the last thing the East Village needs--another ramen joint. RIP Love Saves the Day. Status: Certified Open; 119 Second Avenue, 212-982-4285.
5) Morningside Heights: Grub Street writes that East Village mainstay Hummus Place has opened yet another location. Also of note: the owners say they are planning on opening an UES location this winter. Status: Unknown, phone calls go unanswered; 2608 Broadway, 212-222-1554.
6) The Highline: The New York Times brings word that Crop to Cup Coffee Stand has opened its doors to caffeine craving patrons on the city's newest baby. It will be open through the first week in September, inside the 29-day run that the Parks Department allows. Status: Certified Open; Chelsea Market underpass on the High Line, No phone number.
7) Lower East Side: And for an update on last week's opening report, The New York Times writes that Bia Garden, Michael Huynh’s LES beer garden--Bia is Thai for beer--has opened. Beer here is served by the 6-pack, 12-pack, or case. Status: Not Open, next week; 154 Orchard St., 212-780-0010