1) Noho: On Saturday night the Cooper Square Hotel's main downstairs bar opened to the public, while the connected restaurant Table 8 held press previews. One thing we've noticed so far from both bars and the restaurant: giant wine pours. Don't expect the restaurant to open until the 6th, but the menu so far (which is still in flux) offers raw bar selections from $3-6, apps for around $9-12, and all mains under $29 (try the on-the-bone skate). Status: Certified Open. 25 Cooper Square, Noho; 212-475-5700.
2) Tribeca: The Robs report that Sazon is now ready to open in the old Fresh Tribeca space: "Sofrito’s consulting chef, the peripatetic Ricardo Cardona, assumes identical duties at Sazón, where his Puerto Rican–inspired menu covers traditional (if elevated) Latin Caribbean territory, from conch salad and rum-glazed shrimp to mofongo and ropa vieja. Status: Not open. Opening May 4. 105 Reade St., Tribeca; 212-406-1900.
3) Midtown: From the PR inbox: "Today, April 27th, the Campbell Terrace, the only outdoor lounge at Grand Central Terminal, will re-open. Located in the Vanderbilt Avenue portico between 42nd and 43rd Streets, the Campbell Terrace boast 1,500 square feet of outdoor environ and invites patrons to relax in its mahogany rocking chairs, an homage to the early days of Grand Central Terminal." Status: Certified Open. 15 Vanderbilt Ave., Midtown; 212-980-9476.
4) East Village: EV Grieve reports that AlphaBet Cafe on the corner of Avenue B and 14th has opened in the old Dynasty space. Status: Signs point to open. 600 East 14th St., East Village; phone unknown.
5) Meatpacking District: DBTH shares the good word on Griffin: "According to a Little Birdy, Griffin had its first night of action over the weekend. Our LB tells us 'Just walked by and it appears that tonight is the first night for Griffin (in the old PM space at 50 Gansevoort). Despite claiming the same owners, it all felt different.'" Status: Soft open. Officially opening Thursday. 50 Gansevoort St., MePa; 212-255-6676.