Upper West Side: The Columbia Spectator reports that precious Upper West Side spot Community Food & Juice (sister to Clinton Street Baking Company) went up in flames this morning around 9:40, forcing Columbia students at a nearby dorm to evacuate:
"According to chief firefighter, Thomas McKavanaugh, the flames originated from a 'grease fire in the kitchen.' He confirmed that it was 'all put out,' at 11 a.m., adding that the fire was fully contained to the restaurant."The fire was apparently severe enough to cause damage to two suites in the building next door. We can only hope we don't have a Lovely Day situation on our hands.
· Breaking: Fire breaks out in Community Food, Nussbaum dorm residents evacuate [CS]