Presently, some of the richest and most successful restaurateurs in the country—including Danny Meyer, Donald Trump, and Sirio Maccioni—are hatching their genius plans for revamping the famed Tavern on the Green space in Central Park. No doubt, if this puppy, one of the highest grossing restaurants in the city, does indeed fall into the hands of one of these men or their competitors, it will be quite the food world story. We're increasingly curious as to what all these heavy hitters have up their sleeves, but what we're really wondering: what you think.
So we present a new Eater contest, reminiscent of a favorite we ran in June '07 (don't bother pilfering those ideas). The proposals we're looking for this time Around:
1. Realistic Dream: Present us with a vision of Tavern on the Green that would entice you to actually dine there.We're looking for a number of winners here, so feel free to send in submissions for either contest. The best submissions will win*:
2. Fantasy: Give us the most bonkers, batshit crazy, over the top vision imaginable.
First Prize, realistic TotG:
· An autographed copy of ‘wichcraft: Craft a sandwich into a meal-and a meal into a sandwich
· Three jars of the new ‘wichcraft condiments from Williams-Sonoma
· A Panini machine from Breville
First Prize, Fantasy TotG
· An book pack from the Eater bookshelf, including an autographed copy of Eric Ripert's On the Line (which he happens to be promoting tonight at Astor Center), Dale DeGroff's The Essential Cocktail, Govind Armstrong's Small Bites Big Nights, Frank Sitts Bottega Favorita.
· Four runners up will receive even more autographed copies of Eric Ripert's On the Line.
Dealine: You have until April 10 at 6 p.m.
*Winners must be able to pick up their prizes at Eater's HQ in Cooper Square.
· All Tavern on the Green Coverage [~E~]
· Presenting Tavern on the Green 2.0 [~E~]