1) Greenwich Village: NYMag proper, Grub Street, and The Feed report on the opening of plywood favorite Num Pang, the new sandwich shop from the owners of Kampuchea on the LES. PR also sends this: "This split-level eatery boasts a street-style mural and dark wood bar that accents the energetic orange decor. The subway-tiled kitchen will be open six days a week for take-out and self-seating at the upstairs bar. the Cambodian term for 'bread' or 'sandwich,' will be served on a freshly toasted semolina flour baguette with Num Pang’s signature chili mayo and house-made pickles on the side. Status: Not Open. Opening Friday. 21 E. 12th St., 212-255-3271.
2) West Village: The Robs also bring the premature opening announcement for Keste, the new pizza place and culinary center at 271 Bleecker: "About that oven: crafted by artisans who flew in from Naples, it meets the strictest standards of Neapolitan pizza-making, from the size of the mouth to the shape of the dome to the wood stacked up for fuel...turning out twelve-inch pies in such classic permutations as Margerita, Marinara, and Mast’ Nicola, the first recorded pizza, topped with lardo, Pecorino Romano, and basil." Status: Not Open. Hoping to open "the week of Monday, March 23." 271 Bleecker St. 212-243-1500, web
3) Soho West: NYMag and the Dash Feedbag report on the opening of Sora Lella in the old Lomito space on Spring: "...the food is bound to be good: Gian Luca Giovanetti and Pierluigi Palazzo are the guys who brought Simone Bonelli in to turn Perbacco into a two-star destination, and who are still hiding Federico Crociani, maybe New York’s least appreciated pizzaiolo, at Gnocco..." Status: Not open. Soft opening tonight but opening to the public "tomorrow or the next day, we're not sure yet." 300 Spring St., 212-366-4749
4) Greenpoint: Thrillist brings word of Brouwerij Lane, a new beer-centric spot on Franklin: "BLane peddles 400+ hard-to-find suds brands, all brought together by a 20+ year Brooklyn Brewery vet...BLane also hawks $10 growlers fillable with any of ten taps, from Germany's Gaffel Kolsch, to Belgium's Gruut, to Jever Dark." Status: Soft open. Grand opening party this Saturday. 78 Greenpoint Ave., no phone.
5) Upper East Side: The Feed, on the opening of Libertador, an empanada spot on the UES: "Sidle up to the meat bar—where you can eat for less while watching the parrillero in action—and wash the carne down with a wine from the Argentine list." Status: Certified Open. 1725 Second Ave., 212-348-6222