1) Upper East Side: As mentioned Tuesday, The Wright, a new restaurant in the Guggenheim Museum featuring a menu by David Bouley protege and Oceana alum Rodolfo Contreras and design by Andre Kikoski is set to open its doors tomorrow, just in time for the 50th anniversary of the museum's opening. The menu in the super chic, vaguely futuristic dining room, focuses on up-scale, seasonal American fare, while a more casual menu of paninis and small plates will be available at the bar. Status: Opening tomorrow for lunch. Located inside the Guggenheim Museum, on Fifth Ave at 88th street, 212-427-5690.
2) SoHo:The Third location of City Bakery sister shop Birdbath opened this morning in the space that used to house Vesuvio's. Team Birdbath was schedule to open yesterday, but decided to wait till today to kick things off, due to the weather. Expect all the Birdbath favorites, as well as a few items that pay homage to the beloved 90 year old Italian bakery that closed earlier this year. Status: Certified open, 160 Prince St, no phone yet.
3) East Village: EV Grieve has some info on the recently opened Asian spot, Wacky Wok on Avenue D. Don't let the name fool you, according to their menu "Healthy food is our priority: using healthy oils, house-made sauce without preservatives, organically grown ingredients, wild fish, free-range meats and poultry whenever possible". Status: Certified Open, 129 Avenue D, 212-777-0039.
4) Midtown: Midtown Lunch brings word that a new "modern" Korean spot, Chom Chom, is now open. Think standard Korean fare with a slightly steeper price point than other Midtown Korean places—lunch specials are in the $14 range. Status: Certified Open, 40 West 56th St. between 5th and 6th 212-213-2299.
5) Midtown: Midtown Lunch also has the info on a new glatt kosher restaurant, "hidden" inside the third floor of a building in the Diamond District, Gan Eden by Jacob. The new spot features a wide variety of reasonably priced Bukharian foods, view the full menu here. Status: Certified Open, 74 W. 47th St. (btw. 5+6th) 3rd Floor, 212-730-6953.
6) Gramercy: Bread & Butter, a new "gourmet cafe" is now open on Park Avenue South at 24th Street. The spot appears to be a slightly upscale take on your standard steam-table, sandwich & salad place. From now until the 15th, they will be offering a grand opening promotion—50% off items from the hot and cold buffets over $6, from 11 AM - 3 PM. Status: Certified open, 316 Park Avenue South at 24th Street, 212-254-0444.
7) Murray Hill: Kathi Rolls by Kabab Factory, a new casual cafe serving a variety of the traditional Indian meat and vegetable stuffed flatbreads is opening Friday, from the same Chef/owner of the Bhatti Grill. Status: Opening Friday, 101 Lexington Ave between 27th and 28th Sts, 917-561-8001.
8) L.E.S.: The cupcake trend continues, unabated, with the opening Red Velvet Lounge, a new cupcake and cocktails den on the Lower East Side from Jason Lawrence and Cole Bernard, the dynamic duo behind the Eldridge and The Yard. The cocktails are by mixologist Charlotte Voise, the cupcakes are from Baked by Mellissa, and yes, many of them are spiked with booze. The Feed has more details. Status: Certified Open, 174 Rivington St between Attorney and Clinton Sts, 212-673-5020.
9) SoHo: A new "express" location of Cafe Angelique has taken over the former Dean and Deluca shack on Prince Street. They opened early last week, and our now serving a scaled back menu of coffee and pastries from their other locations. Status: Certified Open. 121 Prince Street. between Wooster and Greene street, no phone yet.