1) East Village: Always Hungry reports that Sigmund Pretzel Shop has opened on Avenue B. They offer both classic salted pretzels ($2.50) and more adventurous varieties such as Jalapeño-Cheddar ($3), as well as a variety of dipping sauces. Status: Certified open; 29 Avenue B; 646-410-0333.
2) East Village: Hea, the shuttered Japanese restaurant from the owners of Friend House has reopened as, that's right, another Friend House. Now there are two Friend Houses right across the street from one another. Joy! Status: Certified Open; 145 E 13th St., 212-982-1688.
3) Midtown: Midtown Lunch brings word that the Crumbs empire is expanding once again. For those seeking free grand opening cupcakes, it should be noted that the location is currently in its soft-open phase. Status:All signs point to open; 420 Lexington Ave., (no phone listed).
4) Carroll Gardens: TONY and Metromix report and PR confirms that the small plates joint La Petite Provence has opened in the former Patois space. Menu offerings include "Provençal specialties like the chickpea pancake called socca and pan bagnat, the niçoise salad–stuffed sandwich." Status Unknown, calls have gone unanswered; 255 Smith St.; 718-254-0007.
5) Park Slope: TONY reports that Cafe DuCharme has opened its doors in Park Slope. The cafe serves coffee, pastries and both sweet and savory dishes such as homemade muesli. Status: Certified open; 668 President St.; 646-288-7644.
6) Lower East Side: Here's a restaurant a few weeks old that previously escaped the Opening Report (though it's already made it into Adventures in Shilling). Flo Fab reports that Sushi Uo has joined the crowded LES food scene. At the helm is David Bouhadana (ex-Morimoto), who serves up a rotating menu in the tiny, upstairs space. Status: Certified open; 151 Rivington St., 212-677-5470.
7) Hell's Kitchen: Life with Food and Drink brings word of the opening of Stecchino, a new pre-Prohibition themed American restaurant from the owners of Chelsea Grill. Owners tell the blog it opened yesterday. Status: Signs point to ppen; 765 Ninth Ave., 212-397-2377.
8) Greenwich Village: Grub Street reports that 8st Kitchen has opened in the former Jodie's Friends space. It's run by the team behind the popular Korean joint Third Floor Café, but features a more ambitious menu with items such as Korean pancakes and Bo Ssam. Status: Scheduled to open tomorrow; 22 W. 8th St.; 212-477-7755.
9) Greenwich Village: The Flo Fab writes that American pub P&B is opening. While the name stands for Patty & Bun, the menu "goes well beyond burgers, with a grill menu of steaks and seafood." Status: Unknown, calls have gone unanswered; 61 W. 8th St.; 212-477-1850.