1) East Village: Although Japanese pastry shop Panya has reopened in the old Around the Clock space, the space that once housed the bakery has been expanded and sits vacant. Looks pretty crazy from the outside and a worker at Panya said she heard it was going to be a bar. [PLYWOOD]
2) West Village: Holy moly, someone has finally taken over the cursed Sherian Square place. The monster is going to be called Veranda, and it is scheduled to open on November 6. For background on the history of the space, see coverage here. [PLYWOOD]
3) Upper East Side: MXco, the new restaurant going into the former Vynl space on the southwest corner of 78th and 2nd Ave., looks closer to opening. A tipster spotted Mexican graffiti on the walls and a team of chefs getting ready for the opening. [PLYWOOD]
4) East Village: Thrillist has an update on Dos Toros, the new taqueria opening on Friday in the old Tasti D'Lite space on 4th between 13th and 14th. It will serve West Coast style mexican food, meaning giant burritos, quesadillas, tacos, and the like. See the menu here. [PLYWOOD]
5) Upper East Side: Cafe 79 is going to reopen after a major revamp on 79th and 1st Ave. Says a tipster: "peeked inside one day, snazzy, modern decor with tin ceiling." [PLYWOOD]
6) East Village: EV Grieve learns that Xoom, the new smoothie shop opening on 7th and A, is inching closer to its debut. [PLYWOOD]
7) Harlem: Harlem Condo Life sends word that a new American restaurant from an Eleven Madison Park and Chanterelle alum will be opening up soon on Frederick Douglass Blvd. and 113th Street.