1) UES: A helpful tipster writes in with the news that Cascabel has opened in the old PIE space on 2nd Ave between 80th and 81st. Expect tacos (including veal tongue) and microbrews in a "lucha libre" setting. Status: Certified Open; 1542 2nd Ave.
2) Williamsburg: PR brings word in brilliant fashion that Bar Celona has opened on South Street. Straight to the goods: the "brainchild of Cynthia Diaz, a former fashion consultant, Bar Celona is a swanky and stylish Spanish tapas and cocktail lounge serving traditional Spanish tapas with a Latin twist...a one-stop destination for foodies, tipplers and fashionistas to spend their whole evening nibbling, drinking and perhaps flirting." Status: Certified Open; 104 South St., 718-237-7828
3) Midtown: Midtown Lunch brings word of the opening of a new Financier Patisserie outpost in his neck of the woods. Located in the walkway that runs through the Fox News Building, the lunch spot serves "pastries, hot sandwiches, salads, quiches, and soups." Cavuto and the gang must be happy. Status: Certified Open; 1211 Avenue of the Americas
4) Union Square: Flo Fab writes that Qi, a restaurant "blending Taoist and Hindu (ayurvedic) approaches to healthy eating...to restore balance and energy to the stressed-out customer," will be opening on West 14th. Expect macrobiotic items and other health-freak stuff; the perfect place for dinner after a visit to the nearby Tibet House. Oh, and there's this little snippet: "The 'aura treatment' menu (five courses, $39, but not vegetarian), must be ordered a day in advance and is available for no more than 10 people a day." Status: Certified Open; 31 West 14th Street, 212-929-9917.
5) UWS: TONY posts the news that 'Cesca chef Kevin Garcia has opened his second location of Accademia di Vino on Broadway between 89th and 90th. Expect something very similar to what you can find at the original location, with a raw bar and over 500 Italian wines on offer. Status: Opening Wednesday; 2427 Broadway, 212-787-3070.
6) Chelsea: Flo Fab also writes about the opening of Juliet Supper Club, a project owned by nightclub man Jon B, with one Todd English set to do the food consulting. Oh boy. Status: Certified Open; 539 West 21st Street, 212-929-2400.