1) Prospect Heights: NYMag and Thrillist report that The Vanderbilt, the new project from Ben Daitz (Num Pang Sandwich Shop) and the owners of Saul, will be opening on Vanderbilt and Bergen. Expect "globally inspired small plates and classic and original cocktails," as well as an extensive charcuterie offering which includes jerky made in-house. Status: Opening Friday. 570 Vanderbilt Ave., 718-623-0570.
2) Harlem: The Feed reports that Charles Gabriel will be filling the city's current fried chicken void with Country Panfried Chicken, a project which also marks the frymaster's return to Harlem. Status: Opening for takeout today, full-service on the 28th. 2841 Frederick Douglass Blvd., 212-281-1800.
3) Park Slope: According to TONY, Hervé Poussot will be opening the second location of his Dumbo favorite Almondine Bakery in Park Slope. It's pretty much the same deal as the original: "Breads and pastries including croissants, baguettes and madeleines. Coffee and espresso brewed from La Colombe beans and rich hot cocoa made with Valrhona chocolate will also be available." Status: Not open yet, though employees at the original say "soon." 442 9th St., 718-797-5026.
4) The Village: TONY also writes about Bunga's Den, the new bar from the folks behind Johnny's: "Enjoy the vast beer selection (14 on tap and roughly 20 by the bottle), including a number of craft brews. Another sign that this place is different from its hole-in-the-wall sibling: Three flat-screen TVs will show local student films." Status: Certified Open. 137 W 14th St., 212-242-1040.
5) Midtown: Today ML posts this tidbit: "I just got word that Kwik Meal’s Muhammed Rahman will open his new pasta cart today. It will be parked next to the OG Kwik Meal cart on 45th and 6th and will have three options: Angel hair w/ chicken, shrimp, or vegetables in red sauce." Status: Certified Open.
6) Park Slope: The Feed has more booze news: The Sackett, a space filled with "antiques, exposed brick walls and gold-print wallpaper" meant to evoke a "bygone era," will be opening on Sackett between 4th and 5th Aves. Status: Unknown. 661 Sackett St., 718-622-0437.
7) Lower East Side: Grub Street reports that The Doghouse, a bar with beer pong, skee ball, four giant TVs, and free hot dogs has opened in the old Annex space on Orchard neat Stanton St. Status: Signs point to open; 152 Orchard St., no phone provided.
8) NYU Zone: Today is the grand opening of the second location of Rockwell's Express, a Westchester-based burger joint, in the old Rickshaw Dumpling space on East 8th St. Expect counter service, burgers in the $10-12 range, and sandwiches and salads galore. Status: Certified Open. 53 East 8th St., 212-677-4400.