Welcome to the plywood report wherein Eater editors, correspondents, and tipsters report on the newest spots going up across the city. Have some new plywood in your nabe? Let us know.
1) Greenwich Village: A tiny sliver of a shop called Food Fight is opening up next to the Creperie on Bleecker near MacDougal. They will specialize in (wait for it...) mini burgers. [PLYWOOD]
2) Greenwich Village: And right nearby on the corner of MacDougal and Bleecker, we have the papered up front of Ritz Asia. Anyone who has details on this space, please send them over.
3) East Village: Blah Blah Blog notices the new location of Kool Bloo is getting close to opening on A and East 12th St. For those of you who can't wait to get the overpriced fare, they are now open for delivery and take out. East Village Idiot has the menu. [POST-PLYWOOD]
4) Midtown: Midtown Lunch brings word that cupcake chain Crumbs is planning new locations on 3rd Ave between 53rd and 54th and Broadway between 52nd and 53rd. [PLYWOOD]
5) Upper West Side: UWS plywood from the tipline: "While walking along Amsterdam Avenue last night, I saw signage in a small space near West 92nd Street that Edgar Cafe was coming in Spring '09. I assume this is a spinoff of the cafe, not a relocation." The original Edgar's is on 84th between Broadway and West End. [PLYWOOD]
6) Cobble Hill: Brownstoner reports neighborhood spot Chicory may be reopening: "The storefront space at 243 Degraw Street has paper in the windows and workers have been spotted coming in and out in recent days. We're not sure whether the re-opening is happening under the auspices of the restaurant's founder or whether there's new management..." [PLYWOOD]
7) Fort Greene: Brownstoner also chimes in with some exciting Fort Greene rumors: "There's a rumor making the rounds in Fort Greene right now that the former Seven Corners Hardware space at 710 Fulton Street is slated to become a beer garden, or at the least a German restaurant..." [PLYWOOD]