This is the Thursday Opening Report, a regular feature that provides the precise status of venues. As per standard operating procedure around here, your contributions are so very welcome.
1) Hell’s Kitchen: A number of sources have reported on the opening of 5 Napkin Burger, a spin-off of Nice Matin from Andy d’Amico of Marseille and Nizza. Here’s some details via Thrillist: “5NB's a cow-centric pleasuredome devoted to its namesake: a 10oz, comte-cheese-topped meaty prima donna so acclaimed at UWS resto Nice Matin the owners decided to honor it w/ its own restaurant. Besides the signature 5NB, supporting burgers include the Rarebit Bacon (8oz, white cheddar), the Ahi Tuna (ginger, scallions & soy, sesame egg roll), and the Lamb Kofta.” Status: Certified Open. 630 9th Avenue; 212-757-2277. [Thrillist; NYT; AHT]
2) Williamsburg: TONY has the inside track on the opening of B&B, a new spot in the old Vinas space. Here’s the lowdown: “The name conjures a country inn, but it’s a speakeasy vibe that pervades this Williamsburg eatery. Chef-owner Coby Farro (The Tasting Room, Spotted Pig) offers gastropub-inspired plates like mac and cheese tossed with crispy boar’s ear.” Status: Unknown. Phone number goes to blank message. 109 S. 6th Street, Williamsburg; 718-782-2333. [TONY]
3) Hell’s Kitchen: TONY also reports on the opening of the curiously-named 123 Burger Shot Beer from the owner of the West Village’s Philip Marie. Details are as follows: “Philip Marie owner John P. Greco III opens this cavernous patty joint. One-buck sliders, two-buck shots and 24 varieties of $3 beers constitute the low-budget offerings.” Status: Certified Open. 738 Tenth Avenue; 212-315-0123. [TONY]
4) Park Slope: OTBKB reports on the opening of Le Taq, a new tequila bar and offshoot of La Taqueria on Seventh Avenue. Here’s some info: “Le Taq has a huge selection of tequila, as well as a big menu of cocktails and wine. I had a drink called, Rachel's, a really sweet purple/pink punch with, I guess, tequila. Whoa, was that strong. People were eating at tables in the back. With a new bar, nice lighting, big Mexican murals on the wall and a dining room in the back, Le Taq is set to be a real hit on Seventh Avenue just a few doors from Santa Fe.” From speaking with La Taqueria staff, it appears that the restaurant shares the same address and phone. Status: Certified Open. 74 7th Avenue, Park Slope; 718-398-4300. [OTBKB]
5) West Village: Our own eagle eyes have detected the opening of East Village patisserie Ciao for Now in a new West Village location. Offerings include the usual array of cupcakes, cakes, coffee, tea, and homemade gelato. Status: Certified Open. 107 W. 10th Street; phone unknown. [EaterWire]
6) Clinton Hill: Brownstoner has the word on the opening of Bar Olivino which soft-opened over the weekend. Some menu deets: “As we previously reported, offerings will include charcuterie and olives in addition to beer and affordable wines by the glass.” Status: Certified Open. 899 Fulton Street; 718-857-7952. [Brownstoner]