Deathwatch Committee Meeting #0212; March 14, 2007
Item #4: Cronkite Pizzeria and Wine Bar
—Motion to Deathwatch venue was brought to the floor by ranking DWC member [redacted];
—DWC was presented with the following evidence for deathwatching Cronkite:
1. Subterranean dining room = bad.—In a 13-0 vote, the DWC moved to Deathwatch Cronkite Pizzeria and Wine Bar;
2. Gothamist was invited to taste it.
3. Pizzeria De Santo, which opened after Cronkite, is both newer and better.
4. PR Firm of record, Bullfrog & Baum is not cheap; expected cash flow problems will force parting of ways with PR when venue needs buzz most.
5. Shameless Valentine's Day stunt.
6. Supporting testimony from LES resident: "God. I forgot it was there."
—DWC official Over/Under established to be July 2007.