clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Bond St. Sushi Fire: Live From the Remains, Part II

One more photo just into the Eater newsroom from the scene of this morning's highly destructive blaze and Noho sushi and nightlife destination Bond St. Pictured is a chair -- on which many a lucky night was born -- from the lower level sushi lounge. Also just in, the following is an official statement from Bond St owner Jonathan Morr:

Regretfully we announce that BondSt caught fire early this morning, March 13th, due to an electrical malfunction. The good news is that nothing happened to any employees or the tenants above the restaurant. The damage, as it was concentrated in the front of the restaurant, looks much worse than it actually is. On behalf of the entire staff of BondSt, we are looking forward to seeing you again when we re-open in approximately three weeks. We will be able to start taking reservations once again toward the second week of April.
· Bond St. Sushi Fire: Live from the Scene [~E~]
· EaterWire: Bond St Sushi Guttet Scorched in Fire [~E~]

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater New York newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world