1 Oak, 11 PM Saturday night; via phone cam
Saturday, we happened on 1 Oak, the new club in West Chelsea owned by several nightlife heavy hitters, that didn't open to the public this weekend, where we didn't get charged $18 per drink. Here now, a few observations.
1) A 20% gratuity is added to every bill at 1 Oak.
2) Smoking is permitted. Both in the enclosed, outside smoking courtyard and at tables inside.
3) There is an elevated DJ booth with ample room for moving around in front of it. Now, standing is one thing, but we did observe some dancing—without a cabaret license, which would have made said dancing permissible.
For more coverage of the non-opening weekend, check out Cutlets and DBTH.
· 1 Joak: Please Forget About 1 Oak Until January [~E~]
· EaterWire: 1 Joak's Private Open [~E~]