Kieth Kin Yan, from Training Day, 2007
It's been a while since we've posted news related to the Shake Shack for the hell of it, which makes now as good a time as any to feast on this: the Shack's annual Shacktoberfest begins this Friday, October 5th. It's a nine-day affair and Danny Meyer's annual tribute to things Bavarian. As the PR materials state, highlights include:
· Live music with accordionist Al Zimmermann playing, from 1:00 – 2:30 PM and 5:30 – 7:30 PM on Friday, 10/5, to toast the beginning of the celebration.And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
· A selection of Usinger’s brats and sausages – Andouille with red pepper relish, Stuttgarter Knackwurst with cranberry horseradish relish and Italian sausage with pumpkin mostarda.
· A rotating list of Concretes in flavors such as Black Forest, German Chocolate, Apple Strudel and Sachertorte.
· An expanded beverage menu showcasing German-style beers ($4 each) from artisanal American breweries (Brooklyn Brewery Oktoberfest, Otter Creek Oktoberfest, Weyerbacher AutumnFest, Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale and Victory Prima Pils).
· Eater Archives: Shake Shack [~E~]