News about The Box, the forthcoming theater/nightclub moving in next door to Freemans in that most special of alleyways, continues to overwhelm our senses. From the Eater Inbox, a trio of emails...
1) "Part owner is Moby...planning to do some weird nightclub thing with circus entertainers... cause THAT will last and is cost effective."
2) "the second and third pics in your story about simon hammerstien's the box are a block away from the actual space. so 'the seediest plywood you've ever seen' is somebody elses. simon's space says spanjers signs outside it (above, in glory days). better luck next time."
3) "There's some interesting LES history about the building in the articles on their website. Your pics are of the alley doors of the outpatient medical center under construction at 183 Chrystie."
So, yes, we erred with that big red arrow in our correspondent's report from Chrystie Street. Regrets. Meantime, lots more good background on the press page of The Box's official site. And, we must ask: an outpatient medical center? Has anyone told Taavo?
· Press Clips [TheBoxNYC.com]
· Freeman's New Friend: Enter Stage Left [~E~]