The obsession of our midsummer, the new venue next door to Freemans known as The Box, is ready to open for business tonight with a special concert on behalf of Microsoft's little brown turd, Zune.
Quick recap on The Box:
· Owner is Simon Hammerstein (of, yes, those Hammersteins); Moby rumored to be an investor;
· 5,000 square feet of space spread across two levels, as Eater's spycam Plywood shot (right, enormous version here) from midsummer indicates;
· Insane proximity, on the stage door side, to Freemans in Freemans Alley; main entrance is at 189 Chrystie Street;
· Liquor license status: unclear, though let's assume they got it done, eh?
Further reports from Inside to follow. Of course.
· Tonight's Show at New Venue The Box [Brooklyn Vegan]
· Inside the Box: Sign of the Times [~E~]
· Freeman's New Friend Update: Enter Stage Left [~E~]
· Plywood Report: Freeman's New Friend [~E~]