While we parse yesterday's comprehensive NYT guide to fall restaurant openings, blogger The Gurgling Cod pens captions to the slideshow accompanying the article. Selected gems, left to right above:
1) A Ninja waiter: "Hey, I work at a restaurant called "Ninja'! Pretty cool, huh?"
2) Sascha Lyon: "I cannot possibly promote my eponymous bakery, as I am crushed by the awareness of my own genius."
3) Joel Robuchon: "The hand...is it too Napoleon?"
· 60+ Restaurants = 99 Problems [The Gurgling Cod]
· Slideshow: Chefs with Big Plans [NYTimes]