You know the drill. If there's something restaurant-like opening in your neighborhood, drop us an email. If you're feeling bold, snap a cameraphone picture and send it along, too. Often times we have questions. Today, some answers...
1) In the space that was Patria at 220 Park Avenue South (below) will be Barbounia, with cuisine inspired by Italy, Croatia, Greece and Turkey. Exec Chef is Matthew Accarrino (Per Se, RM, Olives) and Simon Oren of Sushi Samba is a partner. Opening is slated for end of September.[NYT; 5th item]
2) Sascha, a venue we mentioned in June, isn't looking good for September, but should be open in time to call it 'Fall 2005'. Having seen the architects' plans recently, which call for a McNally-type space with a great deal more elegance, we're eager to get inside the finished space.
3) Having found some traction on the UES and in Midtown East, Choux Factory is post-plywood on W 8th Street between 5th and 6th Aves. As Spirer points out, the West Village is about to be teeming with puff stuff, with Beard Papa coming soon on Carmine as well. [Gothamist]
A bit more Manhattan, then some Brooklyn Plywood after the jump.
4) In the Greenwich Avenue space that was Bandito will be a branch of Maracas. Opening slated for fall.
5) In Carroll Gardens, Abilene (right) will replace Red Room. Opening date not yet clear. [Bklyn Life]
6) In Ft. Greene, replacing A Table will be a "pan-med taverna." They're hiring, so we've got to assume this one can't be too far off. [Craig's List via Onehanson]